Alipay apologizes for data theft
Alipay, the online payment arm of Chinese e-commerce titan Alibaba, apologized to its users for concerns over stolen data.
The company said on its Weibo account on Saturday that the data was stolen by a former staff surnamed Li, who downloaded more than 20GB of user data in 2010, and then sold the information to e-commerce and data companies with two other accomplices.
However, Alipay denied that the data theft threatened its users' privacy.
- 2013 Brand China Annual Figure Welcome Ceremony was held in BeiJing
- 2013 Brand China Annual Figures Television Awards Ceremony was held in Beijing
- The night of Top Grade Heaven •The Seventh Brand China Festival VIP Welcome Dinner held in Beijing
- the night of Top Grade of the Heaven--the Seventh Brand China Festival Television Aaward Ceremony
- Thousands of Famous Brands gleaned at Brand Festival with the “The Chinese Dream”
- 2009 Brand China Women’s Summit Forum
- “The Brand Olympics”to be Held on Aug.8
- The 4th Brand China Festival Curtain Fell in Beijing