UK bakery chain to get Chinese solar panels
Trina Solar, one of China's top photovoltaic solar panel manufacturers, announced onTuesday that it will provide 1.28 megawatts of PV modules to UK-based Solar AdvancedSystems. The equipment will be installed at 10 Greggs bakery sites across the UnitedKingdom.
Greggs is the largest bakery chain in the UK.
The deal represents the latest step in the expansion into overseas markets by Trina.
When completed, the project will cut Greggs' carbon emissions by 600 metric tons a yearand help the company reduce its carbon footprint by 25 percent by 2015. The project,from planning to installation, will be completed in about six months, the company said.
Trina said the panels are rated at a peak efficiency of 16.2 percent and a power output ofup to 265 watts.
Greggs was looking for a sustainable way to reduce its carbon emissions and cut overallenergy costs.
"We pay a lot of attention to energy consumption during production," said Stephen Weldon,manager of the social responsibility section at Greggs. "By installing solar panels in ourstores, we can both save energy and reduce emissions."
- 2013 Brand China Annual Figure Welcome Ceremony was held in BeiJing
- 2013 Brand China Annual Figures Television Awards Ceremony was held in Beijing
- The night of Top Grade Heaven •The Seventh Brand China Festival VIP Welcome Dinner held in Beijing
- the night of Top Grade of the Heaven--the Seventh Brand China Festival Television Aaward Ceremony
- Thousands of Famous Brands gleaned at Brand Festival with the “The Chinese Dream”
- 2009 Brand China Women’s Summit Forum
- “The Brand Olympics”to be Held on Aug.8
- The 4th Brand China Festival Curtain Fell in Beijing