Going my way?
Every morning at the stop for the No 344 bus in Huilongguan, Changping district, Wang Yong offers people a free ride in his car. He knows that people waiting for the No 344 bus, which links Huilongguan and Zhongguancun, where his company is, will probably be on his route. Wang has offered free rides to more than 10,000 people in the capital.
And the 36-year-old Beijing businessman has made it his personal mission to help cut the growing congestion on the city's roads by 30 percent, as an alternative to traffic restrictions and fees.
"Sharing is a natural act. It's simple," Wang said. "Why not share the things I already have with people who are in need?"
As a member of the All-China Youth Federation, Wang is also urging authorities to sanction car pooling, and has submitted his proposal to a member of the Beijing Municipal Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference.
- 2013 Brand China Annual Figure Welcome Ceremony was held in BeiJing
- 2013 Brand China Annual Figures Television Awards Ceremony was held in Beijing
- The night of Top Grade Heaven •The Seventh Brand China Festival VIP Welcome Dinner held in Beijing
- the night of Top Grade of the Heaven--the Seventh Brand China Festival Television Aaward Ceremony
- Thousands of Famous Brands gleaned at Brand Festival with the “The Chinese Dream”
- 2009 Brand China Women’s Summit Forum
- “The Brand Olympics”to be Held on Aug.8
- The 4th Brand China Festival Curtain Fell in Beijing